The world of design is developing rapidly and new useful tools are emerging rapidly. To stay ahead of the competition, you should always follow the trends and find about the
This year I followed the web design industry and collected my selection of the best web design tools for 2019. Some of these tools are desktop programs, others are SaaS applications or browser tools. In any case, in this list, you can find something new for yourself.
I highlighted the main programs that were interesting to me. If you know about an excellent web design tool which you think should be on this list, please let me know in the comments section.
- Stream. Macaw is powered by Stream, a design engine. It represents the margins, erasures, and other properties required to add components to a static document flow.
- Alchemy. The powerful design-to-code engine is designed to convert the design into CSS and HTML.
- Responsive. Web sites built with Macaw are optimized for tablets and other mobile devices.
- Typography. You can use system fonts or add Web fonts to Macaw.
- Style. A style can be applied to various elements and edited from a single location.
- Interactivity. It is possible to define variable names and integrate scripts for faster prototyping.
- Positioning. You can use fixed, static, and absolute positioning to create dynamic layouts.
- Storage of components. Items can be stored in a library and reused on any page.
Avocode is an answer that front-end designers will appreciate. It encourages the procedure of transition from visuals to code. The tool guarantees the automatic generation of code parts for exported images. Discover the functional capabilities of Avocode in detail.
- Conversion to CSS. The tool converts layer, font, and paragraph styles into CSS. It also provides support for Less, Sass or Stylus.
- Retina Design. Avocode allows you to move images up and down depending on the size of the window. Supported formats include JPEG, PNG, SVG and BASE64.
- Easy import of files. The design files are imported into Avocode simply into a “drag and drop” game.
- Color conversion. Just choose a certain color, and Avocode will automatically convert it to the necessary format, namely HEX and RGBA.
- Customization of the code. You can customize code output using variables, such as gradients, fonts, colors, distances, and sizes.
- Photoshop and sketch support. The tool retains everything designed in Sketch and Photoshop, especially layers, artboards, smart objects, and more.
Affinity by Serif has been named the ‘Photoshop killer’ by a few, and that’s all but hard to see why. The application was designed to be a dedicated web tool and a visual design tool.
There are a few things that I really appreciated, including customizable nondestructive layers which basically means you can edit images or vectors without harming them.
The zoom available is simply enjoyable. This is especially useful when working in vector. The Undo and History components are also very useful: Affinity allows you to go back over 8000 steps.
Affinity may well be a real competitor to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch, and at just $49.99 it’s a real deal. The good news is that now Affinity is also available on Windows.
Sketch is really useful and productive in the UX exploration phase of the design process. This is a moderately new application designed specifically for the Web and application interface creation. It also offers some fascinating elements, like the CSS export for example.
The interface of Sketch is such that it allows a quick start. It offers an accessible mirror app for mobile prototyping that is great for responsive design.
“When we started building Sketch, we considered an application for the modern digital designer,” says Pieter Omvlee, founder of Bohemian Coding.
“We’ve been trying to do this with improvements to basic features and radical new features, and we’ve been surprised at the enthusiasm with which people started using Sketch and the amazing work they’ve already done.”
While many swear by Photoshop, some would certainly be happy not to commit to the monthly expense of this product. For them, Pixlr could be justified, regardless of appearance.
If you’ve been using Photoshop for a while now, then “Pixlr Editor” will look very familiar. Pixlr even opens PSD documents and contains a lot of features that make it a nice alternative to Photoshop.
Another great use of Pixlr is for customers who have exceptionally simple image editing needs (resizing, etc.). As a web development service provider, I recommend it to my clients all the time, allowing them to get all the features they need.
This is a hybrid B2B tool that consolidates both the design and development of a website, Webydo is extraordinary for designers who want to make web designs without having to dial code by hand or depend on a web developer to help them.
One of the coolest components of Webydo is the ability to make “responsive web creations” that work very well on a variety of devices.
Webydo allows designers to start with an existing layout or start from scratch with a drag-and-drop interface. You design in the web editor and it composes the code for you. Animated carousels can also be added without dialing the code,
Responsive website design has become the norm and many sites can support many devices with their responsive format but should not we say something about email? Ink allows you to efficiently create HTML and responsive e-mail formats that work on any device. It is also advanced that their emails work “even in Outlook”!
Ink, which was developed by ZURB, offers different layouts on their site with the goal that you can start using the frame, and sending responsive HTML emails quickly.
Material – UI is Google’s visual language, including animation, style (shading, symbols, images, typography), layout, templates and more.
The Material-UI site includes illustrative projects to help you start using this visual language in your own projects.
Once all content is organized, you will be able to look at the more decorative aspects of the webdesign. Typecast makes it easy to choose the typography and layout of your website, just like in a Microsoft Word text editor. It contains 5,000 fonts that you could compare before choosing the one that suits you. All changes can be viewed directly on the website.
The tool also allows you to get the CSS code of all the fonts for use on any website. You then have the guarantee that Internet users will see the same results as you.
Canva is one of the best graphic design platforms. With this tool, you can create almost any graphic elements.
Canva is especially useful when creating covers for e-books, infographics, presentations and much more. It is noteworthy that Guva Kawasaki, a well-known person in a startup company, is working on Canva.
This graphics platform is shareware. Canva has both paid and free options among those graphic elements.
If you want to create a website for your business but have no idea about the website development or website, you should look for the services of a professional web design agency. We recommend the services of RVB Digital which is a Netherland based web design agency with a good track record.
I hope these web design tools will help you. Do you have other tools available in mind? Share your ideas in the comments below.